Tuesday, April 4, 2017

These are the Droids you are looking for

Part Two of my mini diversion using Lego mini-figures.

My imagining of a Separatist Droid Battalion.

Droid Battalion with various Leaders and support units.

Droid Commander and his 2 security droid bodyguards.

The Battalion all equipped with short blasters. I imagine Battle Droids as very binary working in pairs to be most efficent. A battalion includes 2 companies of 2 platoons where each platoon has 2 squads each with 2 teams. 128 Battle Droids per battalion.

Each Droid squad is made up of 2 teams of 8 droids with a leader included (show bottom left).

Super Battle Droids at a supporting ratio of 1:8 vs battle droids. 8 of 16 all with blaster arm.  Why Lego made the left arm the blaster is unknown.  The movies and shows all have them blasting with the right arm.

Grievous, droid-like badness.  I added a cape to him.

A pair of droid scouts. I made a sturdier base for them.

Droid Scouts back.

Dwarf Spider Droid 1 of 2.

Destroyers or Droideka 4 of 8. 1:16 ratio to Droids.

Rocket Droid Scout teams.

Rocket Droid squad with leader included.

Jengo Fett.  I imagine him as having done some dirty work on the outer rim for Dooku between Episode I and II.

Droideka, 4 of 8.  I made the Naboo variant with rear armor plates.

Super Battle Droids. 8 of 16.

Super Battle Droids, 2 per team.

Dwarf Spider Droid 2 of 2.  I copied this second one, ordering up all the needed parts.

A couple of dastardly conspirators.  Sith Count Dooku and dupe Nute Gunray of the Trade Federation.

Homing Spider Droid.  Probably the largest type model I would use in a game.  Anything bigger would be for a scenario.

Droid Battalion. I need another, NO!

WIP Hills

I do have some other support droid stuff that didn't fit in nicely that I may use in the future.  The Rebels will be next.  I'm excited about them because I can use them has Separatists, Rebellion, or The Resistance.  After that I'll finish with classic movies and the Galactic Empire.  I'm not planning on doing The First Order but we'll see how I feel about it as the next movies release.

1 comment: