I really knocked this creep out. I used some google images of tarantulas and went for high contrast. I finished him in one sitting of about 1 1/2 hours using this scheme from my palette as I described in a past post. I just layered it up using drybrushing on the fur and thin layers on the legs.
I lost some of the detail in the leg joints and just roughed it in. I don't know why I didn't bother to sort it out other than I still thought it looked pretty good and my eyes were having trouble finding it. I also figured it was some thing organic and the fur coloration would not necessarily be perfect or uniform. Some of it may have been the pressure to wrap this project up by next Friday and some of it was undoubtedly that I really don't like spiders and wanted to move on. I have a rule: they are fine outside, inside they get swashed,
Here's the whole gang of minions.
Next up are the heroes. I'll probably paint them all together or at least 2 at a time.
Please leave a comment if you can give me any pointers otherwise be sure to add me you to your followed blogs or your reader subscriptions.